Theatre B Programs
Theatre B produces a four-show main stage season, presenting some of the newest, most innovative plays available for the Fargo-Moorhead region. The season spans from fall through spring, with each show running at least four or five weeks. This performance schedule is unique in the region. Theatre B’s long runs allow artists to bring the stories fully to life and gives an ever growing audience greater access to our distinctly intimate venue.
Theatre B Emerging Artist Training (B.E.A.T.)
Theatre B’s summer B.E.A.T. program gives talented emerging artists the opportunity to deepen their talents by co-learning, training, and creating with experienced members of the Theatre B ensemble. B.E.A.T. strives to foster the deeper creative development of these talented emerging artists in an immersive, focused way through rigorous training as well as the creation of a high-quality theatrical event.
Theatre B believes strongly in the power of the ensemble as a creative force. The B.E.A.T. Program cultivates the next generation of theatre artists by encouraging a multi-disciplinary approach and intensive cross-training. With emphasis on a small ensemble, contemporary literature, and current training techniques, B.E.A.T. provides students a safe environment to question assumptions and explore ideas. The creative process of the ensemble produces confident young leaders as well as a thrilling theatrical event.
The highlight of the B.E.A.T. program is our Summer B.E.A.T. Training and Performance program. Over the course of 6 weeks students - currently attending or recently graduated from High School - spend 8 hours a day exploring the art and craft of ensemble-based theatre through training and rehearsal toward the performance of an innovative theatrical production.
Theatre B Incubator Series for new work
INCUBATOR – Provides heat and promotes development
In an effort to expand the opportunities for artists and audiences in the region, Theatre B launched the Incubator Series for new work. Emerging playwrights can see how their writing translates from the page to the stage. Regional audiences will have the chance not only to see previously unseen and un-produced work, but also to provide feedback for playwrights prior to final publishing. Ultimately, Theatre B will commission new work and assist with script development for playwrights at any stage of their careers.
Theatre B takes on several special projects and collaborations each year. Some projects develop from requests by service organizations who wish to use theatre as a means of community engagement. Others grow out of the creative or educational interests of ensemble members and guest artists.
Previous Community Collaborations include:
- Re-Entry - a collaboration with The Department of Veteran Affairs Fargo VA Health Care System
- 8 The Play - a collaboration with The Fargo Theatre and the FM Pride Collective and Community Center
- Standing On Ceremony - The Gay Marriage Plays - A collaboration with Tectonic Theater Project
- The Defiant Requiem – a collaboration with the Bemidji Symphony Orchestra
- Next Fall – a staged reading in conjunction with National Coming Out Day
- The Year of Magical Thinking – a one woman show performed and toured by Mary Cochran
- Ellis Island: The Dream of America – a collaboration with the FM Symphony
- The Laramie Project: Ten Years Later – a world-wide simulcast presented at the Fargo Theatre
- Body & Sold – a series of staged readings sponsored by the Soroptimist Clubs of Fargo & Moorhead
- The Soldier’s Tale – a collaboration with the FM Symphony Chamber Music Series
- Bright Bird: The Art of Corita Kent – a staged reading and arts event series presented by the Spirit Room, the Presentation Sisters, PEPP, and Jill Johnson-Danielson