Founded in 2003 by a small group of “displaced professionals,” Theatre B has grown to an ensemble of 11 artists, with two part-time staff and a Board of Directors comprised of ensemble and community members.
The ensemble model of artistic direction is unique to Theatre B, giving ensemble members ownership of their work and connection to the community. Theatre B challenges experienced artists to improve their craft and entrusts young artists to assume greater responsibility in a professional environment where guidance comes through peer learning. With the addition of guest artists and regular volunteers, Theatre B involves as many as 100 artists per year.
Theatre B is a non-profit organization whose mission is to invigorate civic conversation through intimate and transformative storytelling.
The long-term vision of Theatre B is to employ a resident ensemble and guest artists who are enmeshed in the fabric of an equitable, inviting, and creative community.
At Theatre B, we value:
– Creative work of high artistic integrity.
– A healthy ensemble and intentional family.
– The ongoing development of displaced professionals and emerging artists.
– Relevant stories that exhilarate artists, engage collaborators, and invigorate civic conversation.
– A culture of cooperation, respect, gratitude and trust.
– The theatrical art form as an integral part of a healthy cultural community.