Click HERE for the full job description.
About the Position
The executive director establishes and executes the organization’s strategic plan in cooperation with the board of directors and collaborates with the ensemble on artistic decisions. They manage the business aspects of the company with a primary focus on development and finance. The executive director oversees staff and volunteers and reports to the board of directors.
This is a full-time position located in Moorhead, Minnesota. The executive director has an office on-premises and is also able to work from home as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advocate for Theatre B’s mission, vision, and values
- Evaluate community needs and recommend programs to enact positive change
- Engage with potential community partners and collaborators
- Monitor progress of strategic initiatives
- Cultivate and steward new and current donors
- Write grants, maintain grant database, complete reporting requirements, and sustain relationships with grant-giving organizations
- Manage annual membership program, including appeals, information, and acknowledgment
- Manage corporate sponsorship program, including prospects, meetings, materials, stewardship, and renewals
- Oversee and coordinate fundraising campaigns
- Develop annual budget and multi-year projections, and forecast programming income and expenses
- Provide regular income and expense reports to the finance committee
- Provide regular membership and audience reports to the board and ensemble
- Serve as staff liaison to the board, accountable for timely, accurate, and transparent communication
- Review existing policy and recommend changes to the board when necessary
- Assist the ensemble in the artistic direction of the company
- Represent Theatre B in the community
- Maintain membership with local and regional associations
- Serve on outside boards and committees, such as Minnesota State Arts Board Grant Panel, Moorhead Art & Culture Commission, the Moorhead Business Association, and the Fargo-Moorhead Area Foundation
- Maintain media and advertiser relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre studies, arts management, or related field
- 3 years of experience in arts or nonprofit management
- 3 years of experience in nonprofit fund development
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts and grants
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and persuasive skills
- Efficient multitasking and time management skills
- Master’s degree or higher in theatre studies, arts management, or related field
- 5 years of experience in arts or nonprofit management
- 5 years of experience in nonprofit fund development
- Familiarity with all aspects of theatre production, including basic design and technical operations
- Experience developing and monitoring theatre production budgets
- Demonstrated ability to effectively promote programming with limited budget and resources
- Experience with a diverse range of fund development strategies, including securing grants, gaining and sustaining sponsorships, and hosting special events
- Strategic leadership experience in a theatre organization or other nonprofit/arts organization
- Passion to cultivate a welcoming environment for diverse populations
- Experience in conflict resolution and consensus-based decision-making
$40,000 – 50,000 per year + benefits package
Equal Employment Opportunity
Theatre B provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please provide the following:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (e.g., grant application, fundraising appeal, sponsorship brochure)
Click HERE for the full job description.
Please send all materials to TheatreB.firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications begins April 1, 2022, at 5 p.m. CST, and continues until the position is filled.