Founded in 2003 by a small group of “displaced professionals,” Theatre B has grown to an ensemble of 14 artists, with two part-time staff and a Board of Directors comprised of ensemble and community members.
The ensemble model of artistic direction is unique to Theatre B, giving ensemble members ownership of their work and connection to the community. Theatre B challenges experienced artists to improve their craft and entrusts young artists to assume greater responsibility in a professional environment where guidance comes through peer learning. With the addition of guest artists and regular volunteers, Theatre B involves as many as 100 artists per year.
Theatre B’s mission is to ignite conversations that transform our community through intimate and courageous stories.
The long-term vision of Theatre B is to employ a resident ensemble and guest artists who are enmeshed in the fabric of an equitable, inviting, and creative community.
At Theatre B, we value:
- Creative work of high artistic integrity.
- Grateful stewardship of our relationships and resources.
- The ongoing development of theatre arts and artists.
- A healthy ensemble and intentional family.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in all our endeavors.